Sunday, October 31, 2010

MX5 @ ATLANTA

I've been travelling lately a lot for work, but glad to be back! :)

Saying that, i am also really glad that Iracing just released the new MX5.
I have grown to respect this little nimble car over the years, both from
watching races around the world on youtube, and also seeing it in action in
autocross events I go to... These little cars dominate their class in every event!

The general perception of the Mazda MX5 is "its a chics car". But no
actually it is one of the best affordable, reliable and track proven
cars out there... Its very light weight (similar weight to my Elise)
a bit underpowered, which keeps you out of trouble, and forgiving
handling characteristics small/medium size driver mistakes ;)

This is a perfect rookie car for Iracing, and so far the race sessions
I've been on have been perfect door-2-door action. I have never seen
this many sessions full of people exchanging paint. The Iracing version
is very easy to drive fast (but hard to master), and can take a lot of
damage, contact and still drive like a champ... Perfect for full grid battles
on Iracing's amazing track combo's.

I actually captured a nice video summary of a hosted session of some
serious talent(Iracing top drivers) on Road Atlanta. I tried to go with
a acustic sound track this time, which fit the mood nicely.

The video also got some buzz as-well which i was not expecting.
Iracing showcased it on their facebook page as-well, which
draw a lot of "happy" traffic :)

No comments:

Post a Comment